Elan Property Agents Pty Ltd trading as Elan Property Agents is committed to protecting your privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Collection of Personal Information, Use and Disclosure
Whenever you deal with Elan Property Agents, we will collect personal information in order to provide or prospectively provide, services and products to you. Such services and products include:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information on databases;
- Client and business relationship management; and
- Marketing of products and services to you.
We do not collect personal information unless it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the services we provide or functions we carry out.
The types of personal information we generally collect includes but is not limited to:
- Date of birth;
- Residential address;
- Business address;
- Postal address;
- Email address; and
- Your contact phone numbers.
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event you are a seller, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned;
- In the event that you are a buyer, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as a real estate agent;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants, and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- Real estate websites and Real estate peak bodies.
Secondary purposes for personal information
As part of what we hope to be an on-going professional relationship between Elan Property Agents and our clients, we may from time to time send out information related to the other services that we offer. We do however respect the wishes of individuals who do not wish to receive such material from us and have ‘opt-out’ procedures that can be activated for use with the promotional material that we may send.
Collection of information through use of our website
Elan Property Agents collects information regarding activity on our website. This includes information about the number of people who visit our website, the date and time of visits to our website, and the number of pages viewed. This information does not identify the individuals who view our website but it allows us to evaluate data about activity on our website to then improve the experience of people who visit our website.
Information is collected by ‘cookies’ that are placed on the Internet browser application used by people who visit our website.
If you wish to restrict or disable the cookies which are set when visiting the Elan Property Agents website, you can do this through the security settings of your Internet browser application. Please note that restricting or disabling cookies may impact the functionality of our website.
How personal information will be stored
At Elan Property Agents, personal information will be stored either in electronic format or in hard copy paper form. We will endeavour to keep all your personal information safe regardless of the format in which it is stored.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The measures we will use to protect your personal information include: ensuring all Elan Property Agents staff are educated about client confidentiality and privacy protection, username and password protected access to our computer and telephone systems, current anti-virus protection to our computer systems, secure storage of archived hard copy paper information and (when legally appropriate) the effective destruction of documents containing personal information.
Disclosure to third party service providers
If you decide to retain Elan Property Agents, disclosure of your personal information may occur to third party professionals or service providers.
We maintain effective control over personal information at all times and have contractual arrangements in place with all of our third party service providers to protect personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Access to, and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to your information and to request that Elan Property Agents update or correct your personal information.
You can request a copy of your personal information in writing to PO Box 3499, Newmarket, QLD, 4051 or email email@example.com.
We can restrict your access to your personal information if we believe doing so:
- would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or to public health or safety
- would have unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others; or
- your request is frivolous or vexatious.
We can also restrict access to information if doing so is prohibited by court order or under Australian law or if the disclosure would compromise our position or the position of others in anticipated or existing legal disputes or negotiations.
If you discover that the personal information you have provided to Elan Property Agents is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us on 0407 034 615 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so the information we hold can be updated.
When your personal information changes (such as a change of residential address) please contact us within 1 month of any change so that we can update your personal information on our system.
If you have a privacy related complaint or concern, please contact us on 0407 034 615 so we can discuss this with you. Elan Property Agents appreciates your feedback and takes all privacy complaints extremely seriously.
In our experience, making a telephone call to discuss your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to address this with you can be incredibly beneficial and be all that is required to resolve your issue.
However, if you wish to make a formal complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, you must provide this in writing to our address at PO Box 3499, Newmarket, QLD, 4051 or email email@example.com.
Your written complaint should contain your contact details, outline in detail the nature of your complaint, and also provide information as to what happened and who was involved. This will assist our understanding of your complaint so we can respond appropriately.
If you are not happy with our response to your formal complaint, you can then contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone as follows:
Mail PO Box 3499 Newmarket QLD 4051
Phone 0407 034 615